Lekarz Medycyny Pracy (Doctor of Occupational Medicine) 2018/09
- Category: Lekarz Medycyny Pracy
- Published: Wednesday, 10 October 2018 14:34
- Written by Editor
- Hits: 1068
- Review of new legal acts (1)
- Act of 20 July 2018 amending the act on counteracting drug addiction and mouth on the State Sanitary Inspection
- Announcement of the Speaker of the Parliament of the Republic of Poland of 20 July 2018 regarding the publication of a uniform text of the Public Health Act
- Announcement of the Speaker of the Parliament of the Republic of Poland of 20 July 2018 regarding the publication of a uniform text of the Act on health care services financed from public funds
- Regulation of the Minister of Health of August 16, 2018 on medical examinations of persons recognized by officers of the Marshal's Guard
- Regulation of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration of August 16, 2018 regarding the procedure for conducting medical examinations of persons recognized by officers of the State Protection Service
- Amendments to the Regulation of the Minister of Health regarding medical examinations of drivers. Part 3 (2)
In parts 1 and 2 of the article, included in the numbers 7 and 8 of the "Occupational Physician", the Minister of Health's regulations concerning medical examinations of drivers are presented, in particular in the field of vision testing of drivers, hearing organs, respiratory diseases and cardiovascular diseases.
- Performing medical examinations after the period required by the regulations on occupational diseases (4)
If the results of the medical examination submitted by the employee after the end of the period of occupational exposure can lead to the decision being challenged to refuse to state that the employee has an occupational disease? Is it permissible to perform medical examinations after the period required by the regulations on occupational diseases?
- The diagnosis of occupational disease of allergic rhinitis in an employee who is in contact with printing ink (7)
The list of occupational diseases under heading 12 is the occupational disease of allergic rhinitis. When is it possible to identify this occupational disease in an employee in whose work environment there are potential allergens in the form of a printing ink, a printer washing liquid, or a xerographic powder?
- Methyl alcohol poisoning in the work environment (11)
Methyl alcohol (methanol, wood alcohol, carbinol) is the simplest organic compound from the group of alcohols with the chemical formula CH3OH. It was discovered in 1661 by Robert Boyle. Until 1923, it was obtained exclusively as a result of wood-based distillation. Currently, this compound is synthetically produced mainly from synthesis gas. Its wide application makes us think about the dangers it poses for employees.
- Compliance with the procedure of using personal protective equipment in the event of a threat of tuberculosis infection in the hospital (13)
Tuberculosis is an infectious (bacterial) disease and contagious. It is a multi-organ disease, it affects all organs and tissues, with a particular predisposition to the respiratory system.