Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka (Work Safety) 2020/09
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Saturday, 26 September 2020 06:56
Written by Editor
- 70 mountain peaks for 70 years of CIOP-PIB (II cover page)
- Letters to the Institute (2)
- Operation with a large group of people. Interview with prof. dr hab. n. med. Danuta Koradecka, director of CIOP-PIB (6)
- Milestones in the development of the Central Institute for Labor Protection (9)
- The Labor Protection Council at the Parliament of the Republic of Poland debated
- Work safety at construction sites (14)
The August meetings of the Labor Protection Council were devoted to work safety on construction sites, including the operation of technical devices. This issue was presented in the materials prepared by the Office of Technical Inspection (UDT) and the National Labor Inspectorate (PIP).
- Development of the "Safer" website supporting the prevention of physical hazards in the work environment (15)
Physical factors harmful to health include, among others, noise, mechanical vibrations, electromagnetic field, non-laser optical radiation or the microclimate of the working environment. These factors are common in the work environment and, according to the data of the Central Statistical Office, create over 230,000 jobs each year. personal hazards. Exposure of employees to the harmful factors of the work environment is the cause of occupational diseases. Therefore, it is necessary to take preventive measures taking into account appropriate technical measures and organizational methods, in accordance with applicable law, reducing the exposure of employees to these factors, which will minimize the risk of adverse health effects.
- Electrostatic phenomena in the work environment - hazard analysis and case study (18)
The aim of this article is to build awareness of the risks caused by electrostatic discharge in the work environment. An explanation of the phenomenon was presented, indicating methods of generating an electric charge on the surface of physical objects. The division of the discharges was approximated, and selected types, sparking, corona, sheaf, spreading bundles were discussed. The analysis of actual events in which electrostatic discharge occurred in industrial conditions was carried out, along with the indication of the cause of the phenomenon and protective measures. the dangers that accompany the phenomenon of static electricity require the application of specific safety measures, as practice shows, neglect in this regard may cause huge losses, both in terms of health and life of employees, lost and damaged property, and the impact on the natural environment.
- Poles' physical activity during remote work - presentation of the results of empirical research (22)
The COVID-19 outbreak has turned the lives of societies around the world upside down. As a result of the announcement of the epidemic in Poland, and then the state of the epidemic, numerous restrictions were introduced that affected the lifestyle and work of Poles. As a result, overnight, many people's professional lives moved to home space, which began to be not only a home and workplace, but often also a school. For many people, the change in lifestyle and work was also associated with limiting physical activity. The article discusses the results of a study conducted by CIOP-PIB in April and May 2020 on shaping healthy working conditions and physical activity of people working at home
- Local reports (27)
- Work in the era of biohazards. 29th edition of the competition for the poster of occupational safety resolved (28)
The theme of this year's occupational safety poster competition was biohazards. July 17 this year its 29th edition was concluded. Poster competition entitled "Biohazards Today" was organized by the Central Institute for Labor Protection - National Research Institute in cooperation with the Academies of Fine Arts in Krakow, Łódź and Warsaw.
- Changes in law (30)
- Health and safety conditions of the service during training in the Police - amendment to the regulation
- Restrictions, orders and prohibitions in connection with the state of epidemic - new regulation
- We answer readers' questions (31)
- Is an employee who has an accident on the way home from work now entitled to a disability pension?
- What are the rules for settling a survivor's pension?
- Is it possible to determine the starting capital for a person born before January 1, 1949?
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - the whole list