Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka (Work Safety) 2020/02
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Wednesday, 26 February 2020 08:52
Written by Editor
- Educational Center offer for 2020 (cover II)
- Local reports (2)
- Meanders of aggressive behavior in the workplace (3)
Employers should be aware of the negative results of contact with the phenomenon of violence and notice the benefits of ensuring a safe and conflict-free professional environment for their subordinates. The better the working conditions, the more employees try their best to perform their professional duties, and this increases the efficiency of work and is beneficial for both the organization and society as a whole.
- Ailments in the office of the future (6)
We are threatened by a stooped back, sallow complexion, bloodshot eyes and skin, swollen ankles and wrists, if we do not change our habits and care about the environment of our own work - such grim conclusions can be found in the report 'A colleague from work of the future'.
- Cybertechnology at work. Risk and security (8)
Man is the weakest element of cyber security. This thesis is confirmed at every step. Lack of knowledge, patience or attention leads to the fact that it is the employee of a private company or state institution that is targeted by hackers who want to penetrate the systems and networks of a given organization. What to do to create a "human firewall"? What tools should be used to improve employee awareness and safety? How is Poland preparing for new challenges?
- SEMI-CAVE installation in CIOP-PIB (10)
Visual design of work environment conducive to employee well-being.
- Classification of model warning clothing solutions fitted with direct light sources (12)
Standard warning clothing previously used in professional and non-professional practice, in the absence of directional lighting, does not ensure visibility of its user. A factor that can improve the protective properties of warning clothing may be retrofitting it with direct light sources that emit visible radiation. Clothing products equipped with various types of light sources have started to appear on the market for several years, but so far there are no standardized testing methods and requirements for this type of clothing. To create the possibility of assessing such clothing, photometric and functional tests of model clothing solutions with high visibility were carried out with the application of lighting elements. Based on the analysis of the results obtained, a basic classification of this type of clothing was proposed in terms of the minimum luminance requirements of the light emitted from it, as well as criteria for its assessment.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of reflective accessories in real conditions of use based on the results of own research (18)
The article presents the results of testing the photometric properties of selected reflective accessories made using the standard method described in PN-EN 13356: 2004 and a method simulating the realistic way of mounting and using reflective accessories. For this purpose, the standard goniometer was replaced by a half-mannequin. the obtained test results allowed verification of the effectiveness of reflective accessories in conditions simulating their use when attached to clothing. The article also discusses restrictions on the use of these accessories, recommendations regarding the minimum area and how to attach them to clothing in order to achieve adequate visibility.
- Assessment of the position of the wearable device based on the radio signal strength in the sensor network for monitoring threats in the work environment (21)
Concentrations and intensities of harmful factors in the work environment must be tested and assessed for hazards caused to employees. In conditions of changing parameters of the working environment, detection of potential threats and quick action to reduce worker exposure is possible on the basis of continuous monitoring of working environment parameters. Wireless sensor networks can be used for this purpose. The article discusses the structure and main issues of the sensor network being developed at CIOP-PIB to monitor the work environment and alert employees to hazards. The method of locating the alerted employee within the sensor network was presented, as well as the results of radio signal strength tests on the basis of which this method operates.
- How to help - adaptive support program for the re-integration of people with disabilities and the elderly (25)
The article describes the types, assumptions and forms of assistance in support programs developed for the purpose of professional reintegration. People with disabilities and the elderly are particularly vulnerable to occupational exclusion, in which the acquisition of new skills and competences may be hindered by health, environmental, logistics or material barriers. Attention was paid to various forms of help conditioned by the phase of coping with loss of fitness. The cooperation of various supporting specialists requires a unified and comprehensive classification system - the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health ICF. The role and attitudes of the psychologist are important in the process of adaptive support. a model of a comprehensive assessment of work capacity developed in CIOP-PIB is presented.
- The Labor Protection Council at the Parliament of the Republic of Poland met
- Carcinogenic, mutagenic and endocrine active substances in the work environment: a growing problem (29)
- Changes in law (30)
- Medical examinations of applicants for driving licenses and drivers
- The highest allowable concentrations and intensities of factors harmful to health in the work environment
- Requirements for health and safety at work and life on fishing vessels and detailed technical requirements for their construction and equipment
- Control of compliance with provisions on the working and rest time of fishermen
- We answer readers' questions (31)
- Will the person who receives the new supplementary benefit have any obligations towards the Social Insurance Institution?
- What is the period of work needed to award the pension? What is the seniority entitling to a pension, depending on the date of onset of the disease?
- Please indicate what benefits are due in respect of an accident at work or occupational disease.
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - full list