Lekarz Medycyny Pracy (Doctor of Occupational Medicine) 2020/06 (lipiec)
Category: Lekarz Medycyny Pracy
Published: Sunday, 02 August 2020 19:17
Written by Editor
- New methodological guidelines for conducting preventive examinations (1)
The Ministry of Health is planning to change the methodological guidelines for conducting preventive examinations, and as a result will contribute to shortening the time of conducting them and reducing the costs of these tests. This is the purpose of the amendment to the provisions on medical examinations of employees.
- Draft new regulation on medical examinations of employees: for whom the changes will be beneficial (2)
The transfer of the obligation to perform specialist examinations (ophthalmic, neurological, laryngological, etc.) to the occupational medicine doctor conducting the examination provides for a draft amendment to the provisions on medical examinations of employees. The changes are not beneficial for both occupational medicine doctors and employees.
- Do you need to carry out preventive medical examinations, changing the organization of working time (6)
The employee has no guarantee that throughout the period of employment with a given employer, he will perform his duties in the originally agreed hours. Sometimes a change in the system and schedule of working time may result in the need to send employees to preliminary preventive examinations - regardless of the fact that employees will work in the same place, using the same work tools as before. when can this happen?
- Can an employee refuse to undergo medical preventive examinations due to an epidemic (7)
An employee with a degree of disability and cardiovascular diseases is concerned about their health and is afraid to undergo periodic examinations. Can he refuse to provide a medical certificate from periodic examinations due to the coronavirus, citing Art. 12a of the Act on preventing, counteracting and combating COVID-19?
- Are medical examinations in a clinic that has not concluded an agreement with the employer valid? (8)
Initial, periodic and follow-up examinations cannot be performed without a written agreement between the employer and the occupational medicine facility. It is the employer who is obliged to provide employees, at his own expense, with preventive medical care. Check what the contract should specify.
- Is carpal tunnel syndrome in a worker employed as a cleaner an occupational disease (10)
Carpal tunnel syndrome, a chronic disease of the peripheral nervous system caused by the way you work, is on the list of occupational diseases. In order to recognize this disease as occupational, it is necessary to establish the presence of monotypic movements during work. Can a job as a cleaner, during which activities loaded on the upper limbs were performed, meet these criteria?
- What is the role of an occupational medicine doctor when an employee applies for a sick leave (13)
As a rule, if an employee is sick, he or she will receive treatment while on sick leave. Sometimes, however, such convalescence is not enough and additional leave is needed to improve health, the so-called sick leave. If it is granted, the occupational medicine doctor plays an important role.
- Should an employee suffering from COVID-19 be tested for occupational medicine before returning to work (15)
Coronavirus was detected in an employee. He has been in quarantine, has recovered and wants to go back to work. His absence and quarantine lasted more than 30 days. The sanitary inspection sent him to quarantine. Does the employee have to perform checkups after quarantine, such as after L4 release for more than 30 days?
- Who keeps the documentation of the closed occupational medicine unit (16)
One of the occupational medicine clinics has ceased its activity, and it has medical documentation of occupational medicine tests conducted for employers with whom it had signed contracts. How to proceed with the documentation of periodic medical examinations of employees?
Lekarz Medycyny Pracy (Doctor of Occupational Medicine) - the whole list