Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka (Work Safety) 2020/07
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Tuesday, 21 July 2020 09:04
Written by Editor
- Holidays ... and threats have started (II cover page)
One of the most popular forms of spending free time in summer is relaxation by the sea, lake or river. However, you should always remember that water is an element that you must absolutely be careful about. Particularly during the summer holidays, the rescuers of the water volunteer rescue service, who are ready to save lives in swimming pools and bathing areas, have a difficult task, and their priority is to prevent accidents.
- Local reports (2)
- Coronavirus, logistics and transport (3)
The coronavirus epidemic in Poland continues and the incidence curve, although still relatively flat, shows no signs of reduction. Therefore, it is worth recalling the recommendations regarding transport and logistics work, developed by the Ministry of Development - in cooperation with the Chief Sanitary Inspector. Employees of this sector, couriers, drivers, servicemen and mechanics, due to the nature of their work, are relatively highly exposed to potential contact with the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Applying the recommendations will make field workers feel safer.
- Adaptation of the workplace and protection of workers' health during an epidemic (4)
Due to the ongoing SARS-CoV-2 virus epidemic, employers are forced to take special steps aimed at maintaining the continuity of work in the plant and ensuring proper protection of employees' health.
- Will the epidemic affect the management style? (8)
The SARS-CoV-2 epidemic has turned the world of work upside down. Koronakryzys forced millions of employees to perform professional duties at home. The sudden transition from a spacious open space to your own four walls turned out to be a great challenge for both employees and employers. Scientists argue, however, that the experiences gathered during this difficult time may be useful and bring success in the sphere of everyday functioning of the company.
- Healthy eating in hot weather. Interview with Dr. Justyna Bylinowska - editor-in-chief of the portal www.dietetycy.org.pl (10)
- "Safe children online" - summary of the art competition (12)
Art competition entitled Safe Children Online, organized this year by the Central Institute for Labor Protection - National Research Institute, is an example of using various forms of artistic communication in popularizing the issues of safety and health protection of young people in the educational environment. In this year's edition, as many as 244 works were submitted, which is a record result in the entire history of art competitions organized by the Institute. The competition is held under the honorary patronage of the Ministry of Digital Affairs.
- Wheelchair seat insert for patients with ossification in the hip joint (14)
Periarticular ossifications are an important clinical, social and technical problem. If this type of problem occurs within the hip joint, by immobilizing it in a given angle that prevents movement, it makes it difficult to use the wheelchair in a sitting position, while maintaining a 90 degree angle between the torso and the femur. This causes the user to slide dangerously from the wheelchair, with the result that there is a risk of a dangerous fall. In some cases, it even prevents the use of a wheelchair, condemning a disabled person to stay in bed, which drastically reduces their quality of life, including professional life.
- Safety of teacher's work with disabilities (16)
Until a few decades ago, the common view was that the teacher was an authority and respected person. The students respected him and it was a profession of social trust. And although in recent times the prestige of this profession has been lowered for various reasons, it is still a difficult, stressful, responsible and demanding profession. There are few people with disabilities who do it, which is mainly due to the fact that this social group often has problems with pronunciation or hearing, which makes it impossible to be a teacher whose primary work tool is voice. There are exceptions, however. It is therefore worth looking at how to ensure the safety of disabled teachers at work.
- Hydration of the body at work in a hot microclimate (17)
Apart from oxygen, water is the most important component absorbed by humans from the environment. It has been known for a long time that fluid deficiency, leading to disorders of the body's functioning and death, is felt much faster than the complete lack of access to food. Keeping workers well hydrated is one of the most effective interventions to protect their health and productivity when working in a hot environment.
- Practical evaluation of the effectiveness of physical training of firefighters (22)
The article presents the general principles of the training program for firefighters developed at CIOP-PIB. The results of a physical fitness test performed before and after the end of the training cycle are shown. The subjective assessments of the exercise participants, recorded during the survey research, are also presented. The content of the responses indicates that the developed scheme was approved by the testers.
- Adaptive support program for vocational reintegration - results of the effectiveness assessment (25)
The article describes the goals and forms of the adaptation support program and presents the results of its effectiveness. 60 people signed up for the pilot program and underwent a psychological diagnosis and support activities. Efficacy was assessed by comparing the results of the initial and re-evaluation using the ICF classification and estimating the number of program objectives achieved. The highest percentage of achieved goals was found in the area of emotional functions, coping with stress, getting and doing work, and in the area of increasing e-competences.
- The Labor Protection Council at the Parliament of the Republic of Poland debated
- Safety of miners' work during the epidemic (29)
- Changes in law (30)
- Detailed conditions for safe navigation by sea-going vessels - amendment to the regulation
- Personal protective equipment related to combating the COVID-19 epidemic for members of precinct election commissions
- Courses in the transport of dangerous goods
- Work in the fisheries sector - ratification of the Work in Fishing Convention No. 188
- Assessment of physical and mental capacity for service in the Internal Security Agency
- We answer readers' questions (31)
- Due to the bad condition of the workplace as a result of the epidemic, the Social Insurance Institution pays periodic benefits:
- What conditions must be met to use the support
- What are the benefits
- When and how to submit an application
- How does the Social Insurance Institution contact you
- What are the applicant's obligations
- Can I get a solidarity allowance if I am not receiving unemployment benefit
- How long does it take to receive the Solidarity Supplement?
- Should the application be submitted in person at the Social Insurance Institution or sent by post
- Where on the PUE portal you can check whether a solidarity allowance has been granted
- How much is the solidarity supplement if you received unemployment benefit in June?
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - the whole list