Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka (Work Safety) 2019/07
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Friday, 26 July 2019 17:25
Written by Editor
- Local reports (2)
- Depression - a growing problem. Contest for work safety poster 2019 (3)
- Migraine disturbs at work (4)
In the summer, especially hot and sunny, for some people not only warmth gives way. For those who suffer from migraine headaches, these days are double tortures. Hypersensitivity to light, accompanied by migraine attacks, is one of the most annoying symptoms, as well as the most frequently recognized symptoms. On June 21, the World Day of Solidarity with Migraine sufferers is celebrated. This is a great reason to enrich knowledge about this disease. Especially that, according to scientific research, it can exclude from work for more than 40 days a year.
- Gas transmission and work safety (6)
The Scientific-Technical Committee of FSNT-NOT Ergonomics, Labor Protection and Technology in Medicine met on June 24 this year. at its plenary meeting in Hołowczyce. In this village, since 1988, the Regional Unit of Operation of the Gas Transmission Operator GAZ-SYSTEM has been located.
- Road safety and health (7)
- Safety at work on inland waterway vessels - factual and legal status and de lege ferenda comments (8)
Occupational safety and health on inland waterway vessels arise from specific working conditions that deviate from land-based ones. Depending on the performed operational tasks and the size and technical condition of the unit, the burdensome and harmful factors are primarily noise, vibration, temperature impact, as well as a significantly limited space, both at work stations and in social rooms. Work on inland waterway vessels is also characterized by a specific distribution of working time. Due to the fact that the age of most inland waterway vessels exceeds 50 years, special attention should be paid to occupational safety problems. Working conditions depend to a large extent on the efforts of the owner of the unit and the work culture of the crew, and should also be determined by the requirements of the regulations. The problem is that currently only the working time requirements of inland waterway vessels apply. Detailed footnotes for crews of inland waterway vessels regarding occupational safety and health at various workplaces have not been available since 2002.
- Do you need market qualifications in the field of health and safety? New solutions and possibilities (12)
At the end of 2015, the Sejm of the Republic of Poland adopted the Act on the Integrated Qualification System. The Act of 22 December 2015 introduced solutions and possibilities to integrate all qualifications obtained as part of formal and non-formal education, ensuring the quality of qualifications awarded, confirming competences acquired outside the education and higher education system. The question arises whether there is a need to introduce market qualifications in the field of occupational health and safety in the light of new solutions and opportunities to acquire professional qualifications? Entrepreneurs interested in working in the area of a given qualification, which would show a separate part or the whole of the learning outcomes required for a given qualification, could apply for awarding market qualifications. The article presents the idea of ZSK and the report on the demand for market qualifications. The study was conducted in an environment that is most related to the subject of occupational health and safety - among employers, OSH specialists and market operators in this area.
- Disorders of the locomotor system of professionally active nurses - results of own research (16)
The work of nurses is associated with exposure to harmful chemical and biological factors as well as overloading of the motor system, which negatively affects their health. Most of them suffer from back pain and indicate the relationship between work and physical and mental health. Pain complaints increased mainly while maintaining long-lasting, forced body positions and when carrying heavy things. Insufficient amount of auxiliary equipment and its inadequate technical condition, related to the conditions of work ergonomics are an additional element that increases the risk of ailments.
- Sets of clothing with thermoregulation function for mine rescuers (21)
The work of mining rescuers is associated with many extreme hazards, including difficult climatic conditions. At the same time, the clothing and cooling systems they use are still not very effective in draining excess heat from the body, which sometimes leads to overheating and consequent death of a rescuer due to heat stroke. These factors constituted an impulse to undertake work towards the development of new, effective in terms of cooling and protective properties, clothing sets for mining rescuers. The publication presents two alternative clothing sets developed as part of the RESCLO project consisting of protective outerwear, used with one of two underwear variants, i.e. with inserts from phase change materials or with an air-cooled cooling system from a compressed air cylinder. These solutions ensure compatibility with the additional equipment of the rescuer and provide the possibility of ad hoc configuration of clothing sets depending on the conditions of the action and the threats. Laboratory tests have shown that depending on the tested variant, the applied thermoregulatory solutions allow heat to escape from the rescuer's body at the level of up to 30 W/m2, which has a positive effect on the safety of mine rescuers during the operation and extends the safe working time in the underground hot environment.
- My P.E. - games, health and safety (26)
Physical education in schools is the basic, if not the only, organized form of systematic sports activity for most students. The presence of PE classes in the curriculum is a guarantee of harmonious development of children. The movement stimulates the building of the skeleton, supports the development of muscles, prevents some diseases, cures obesity, affects the correction of postural defects, and thus, makes the young man immune to injuries and injuries.
- Health and Safety Championships - final chord of the competition (27)
- The Labor Protection Council at the Parliament of the Republic of Poland debated
- Report of the National Labor Inspectorate: a jubilee turned into the future (28)
- Latte notes (29)
- Changes in law (30)
- Static accident card at work - amendment of the regulation
- Training in the field of occupational health and safety - amendment of the regulation
- Model of the protocol to determine the circumstances and causes of an accident at work - a new regulation
- Cooperation of medical committees subordinate to the minister competent for internal affairs with organizational units of the occupational medicine service - new regulation
- New regulation on determining the health detriment of Police officers, Border Guard, Marshal's Guard, State Fire Service, Customs and Fiscal Service and State Protection Service
- Answering our readers' questions (31)
- What is the healing rehabilitation from the Social Insurance Institution?
- What is the amount of the parental supplementary benefit?
- What is the course of proceedings in the matter of granting a parental supplementary benefit and who makes such a decision?
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - full list