Bezpieczeństwo Pracy - nauka i praktyka (Work Safety) 2019/06
Category: Bezpieczeństwo Pracy
Published: Thursday, 20 June 2019 18:38
Written by Editor
- Local reports (2)
- Fight against noise - a story that will not end. 18th International Conference on Combating Noise (and Vibration) Noise Control (3)
- Active luminescent elements in warning clothing and EU conformity assessment (6)
Insufficient individual visibility of employees in different work environments and road traffic participants (eg in night conditions, during bad weather) is still one of the main causes of accidents on roads involving pedestrians and collisions between people and machines. In both professional and non-professional activities, the only way to increase individual visibility of the human remains the use of garments with intense visibility (warning) and reflective elements. The dynamically developing market of many types of non-light sources of light, of small size, often flexible, emitting light of different colors and photometric parameters, allows the application of these luminous elements to the warning clothing. The article presents examples of applications of electroluminescent light sources (LED diodes, El wire, El tape, El panel) and optical fibers in warning clothing. The analysis of the applicable normative detailed requirements and the legal status regarding the use of warning clothing with active light sources indicates that they are not sufficient for testing and assessing the EU's compliance with this type of protective clothing.
- Women in physical positions limitations due to gender and age (12)
Modern research indicates the lack of a positive impact on health of high physical burdens in professional work, especially in connection with the deficit of recreational physical activity during leisure time. Women, due to physiological conditions, are not able to perform all activities at work on an equal footing with men. This applies in particular to work related to physical exercise and transport of weights and forced body position. In the case of older women, in addition to the physiological differences dictated by gender, functional changes occur in the human body with age, which also significantly reduce the ability to perform physical work. Disregarding the problem of hard physical work by employers leads to adverse effects, both for employees and for the company. excessive strain and associated employee fatigue are the cause of inferior quality and productivity of work and increased sickness absence. Therefore, it seems obvious to adapt the positions and working conditions to the needs of older physical workers.
- Selected methods of stress prevention among medical psychiatric health care personnel (16)
Referring to the previous publication ("BP" No. 2/2018), devoted to the causes of stress in the work of medical staff of psychiatric health care, this article presents selected methods of preventing stress at work, referring to the basic sources of stress in this professional group : emotional requirements and aggression on the part of patients. Examples of methods aimed at promoting health have also been proposed.
- Basic indicators of work balancing in EU countries in the light of the study of the European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (21)
Research results of the European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions indicate that the duration of professional activity may depend not only on the rules set in pension systems, but also on the adjustment of work to the needs and abilities of people performing it throughout the period this activity. The work that provides such adaptation is called sustainable work. Studies have shown that the self-assessment of work opportunities up to the age of 60 is related to self-assessment of health, well-being, work-life balance, as well as the assessment of job prospects and professional development. Taking this into account, the variables describing these areas were considered the basic indicators of work balancing. The article presents, based on the results of surveys conducted by Eurofound, indicators of work sustainability in various age groups in Poland and other EU countries.
- Verification of the competence of experts assessing the implementation of investment and consultancy projects Social Security (24)
- The Labor Protection Council at the Parliament of the Republic of Poland debated
- Workers' safety and health and new forms of work (26)
- Revision of the standard for the assessment of thermal load in a hot environment based on the WBGT index (27)
- Latte notes (29)
- Changes in law (30)
- Determining the circumstances and causes of accidents at the Police, Border Guard, Marshal's Guard, State Fire Service and State Protection Service - new regulation
- Answering our readers’ questions (31)
- What is the base amount and what is the meaning for the recipient?
- How to apply for a care supplement for retirement?
- When do you qualify for childcare as part of your child-raising allowance?
- Reports from abroad (32)
Bezpieczeństwo Pracy (Work Safety) - full list